This can be very annoying if you have an urgent print job and your Epson printer does not print as you wish. Epson printers may suddenly stop printing. This issue can apply to any printer, not just Epson printers, for technical reasons. Suddenly, the printer user may have printing problems. There are many possible reasons behind this printer issue. Most of these problems can be easily solved by you.
How to fix an Epson printer that does not print
The problem with the Epson printer not printing properly can be due to a small and simple reason. Therefore, it is advisable to take a few checks before troubleshooting your printer with complicated technical steps.
If the printhead is not cleaned correctly, the Epson printer may not print. The printhead must be cleaned to print.
To clean the printhead, follow these steps:
Clean the printhead of the Windows operating system
Put plain paper in the tray.
- Search for and open “Control Panel” in the search box on the taskbar.
- Search for “Control Panel” in the search box on the taskbar
- Click Devices and Printers.
- Select a device and printer from the Windows 10 Control Panel item
- Right-click on the Epson printer and select Print Settings from the Options menu.
- Right-click on an Epson printer that does not print and select the Windows 10 print settings option
- Click the Manage tab.
- Click the maintenance tab in the Epson printer settings
- Then click Head Cleaning.
- Click Head Cleaning in Epson Printer Maintenance
- Then click Start.
- Click Start to clean the head and fix the Epson printer that is not printing
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
Set Epson printer as default printer
If you have multiple printers installed, you must set the Epson printer as the default, or the Epson printer will not work. Follow these steps to fix the Epson printer as your computer’s default.
- Go to the Start menu and click Settings.
- Click Start and select Windows 10 settings
- Click the Printers and Scanners menu item.
- Go to Devices> Printers & Scanners.
- Select an Epson printer from the list of printers and click the Manage option.
- Click Epson Printers and then click the Manage option
- Then click the Set as Default button.
- Click the Set as Default button to fix the Epson printer that is not printing
Note: If you do not see the Set as the Default option, clear the Let Windows manage the default printer check box. This is the screen clip shown below.
Uncheck Allow Windows to manage default printers in Windows 10
The Epson printer is now set as your computer’s default printer. Next, try printing the document. Epson printers do not print errors should be resolved on your PC
Check if the ink cartridge is low on ink.
You can also check if the ink level in the Epson printer cartridge is low to ensure that it is not causing the Epson printer to print or not function. Epson Status Monitor 3 is a tool provided by Epson to display ink levels and printer status. Follow the steps below.
- Search for “Control Panel” in the search box on the taskbar.
- Then click Control Panel.
- Click Devices and Printers.
- Click Devices and Printers in the Windows 10 Control Panel item
- Note: If you cannot find your device and printer, look at the top right of the page view> click the down arrow icon> select the next larger icon.
- Right-click on the Epson printer that appears in the window and sets the Print Settings option.
- Right-click on a non-functional Epson printer and choose the option to print the settings on your Windows 10 device and printer.
- Then click the Maintenance tab.
- Click to open Epson Status Monitor 3.
- Click to open the Epson Status Monitor under maintenance.
- In a new window, you can see the level of ink in the cartridge.
- The level in the cartridge of the Epson printer that is not printed is displayed.
If any of the cartridges are out of ink, you will need to refill the cartridges. We recommend that you purchase a new ink cartridge after filling it several times.